Welcome to Year 3 – Maple Class
Mr Vincent is the Maple Class Teacher, he will be team teaching with Mrs Murphy HLTA.
Each term Mr Vincent will send home via email the class letter which will then be uploaded to this page.
Please feel free to speak with any member of the Maple Class team at the end of the day when collecting from the classroom door.
Included in the pack are different activities linked to the curriculum areas we are studying in class. These activities can be recorded and worked on in whatever style you choose (your children have been sent home with a green work book) and there will be no need to return the pack to school upon the children’s return to school.
The pack contains:
– A maths booklet linked to the Year 3 curriculum and the areas we are currently working on,
– A maths mystery game where the children will have to apply what they have learned to be able to solve the mystery,
– Some times tables games for those children who are wanting to continue practising their tables (10, 2, 5, 3, 4 and 8 are the Year 3 tables) and of course the children can still go on Times Tables Rockstars which will still be accessible to all children. Their login details will be sent home in the children’s reading records so please keep these safe so that you can access this great resource at home,
– Several English work sheets varying from SPAG activities to descriptive writing exercises using images. More English suggestions can be found in the ‘useful websites’ section below.
– Different reading materials with comprehension style questions to support reading at home and to allow children to continue developing their written answers to comprehension questions as well as orally with you.
– 6 lesson PowerPoints about our topic which is heavily based around the scientific understanding of forces and magnets. More support for the science topic can be found on the websites in the ‘useful websites’ section below.
Reading with your children is still of course very important. Whilst we would like to give your children a number of books to take home with them we simply don’t have the quantity of books to be able to do so. Please continue to read in whatever means you see fit for your children and continue to discuss what the children are reading as you would do with any other moment you read with them. Your child has been sent a reading book from school. Please engage with this text with your child and use the bookmark provided to you to ask them relevant questions about what they have read. Please see the ‘useful websites’ section for an excellent resource that you can access for your children to read school books from home. Your child also has a poem to learn for a choral speaking competition when we return to school.
Times Tables Rockstars – Your children will be familiar with this and will have their login details sent home again for your reference.
Numbots – for this website the children will use the same login as they do for Times Tables Rockstars. This game focusses on addition and subtraction rather than multiplication and division.
White Rose Maths – The maths scheme that we follow as a school have released online lessons that the children can watch and there is a worksheet attached to the video. Please use this alongside the other maths activities.
Pobble 365 – This website provides excellent stimulus for descriptive writing. Simply pick a date, read the writing prompts and use them to write a technically correct and entertaining piece of descriptive writing.
Once Upon a Picture – Similarly to Pobble 365, this website provides excellent stimulus for descriptive writing. Simply pick an image, read the questions linked to the image and use them to write a technically correct and entertaining piece of descriptive writing.
Oxford Owl – This website contains many reading books from the various stages that we use in school. It provides children the opportunity to read the books that they are reading in school from home. The website has activities to go along with the texts as well. All you need to do is create an account as a parent to be able to access the website.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/clips/zk9rkqt https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zyttyrd https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/znmmn39
Twinkl – The teaching resource website ‘Twinkl’ are offering free subscription to anybody for the time that schools are closed. There are lots of useful resources on there that you may want to use to support any areas of the curriculum for your children whilst they are at home.
Thank you as always for your cooperation and support
Mr J Vincent and the Year 3 team
During the current situation with COVID 19 you can access all work packs by downloading from this page. Thank you
Download now» 4th May 2020 Work Pack
Download now» Missing Shield 20th April 2020 x 2 wks work
Download now» The Iron Man Activity Sheets 20th April 2020
Download now» Past and Present Tense 20th April 2020
Download now» Fiction Reading Mat 20th April 2020
Download now» 27th April 2020 Letter to Parents
Download now» 27th April 2020 Fiction Reading Mat
Download now» 27th April 2020 Non Fiction Reading Mat
Download now» 27th April 2020 Past and Present Tense
Download now» 27th April 2020 Picture Description Sheets
Download now» 27th April 2020 The Iron Man Newspaper Report
Download now» 27th April 2020 The mystery of the missing shield
Download now» 27th April 2020 Marvellous Magnets
Download now» 27th April 2020 Activity Sheet Questions
Download now» 27th April 2020 Activity Sheet Answers
Download now» 27th April 2020 - Magnet Game
Download now» 11th May 2020 Work Pack
Download now» 18th May 2020 Work Pack
© 2020 Copyright Breck Primary School – Ofsted Outstanding 2014 | All Rights Reserved